Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Allocate percentage of total

Hello,

I am trying to build a report of Team Leads, Employees, Employee hours entered, and overtime hours.  I would like the overtime hours to allocate to each Team Lead the Employee worked for based on the percentage of total hours.  For example:

Charles worked a total of 69 hours.  17 hours were for Joe, and 52 hours were for Sue.  He had 29 hours of overtime (69-40).  His overtime will be multipled by 1.5 to correspond to overtime pay.  24.6% of his overtime would allocate to Joe, and 75.4% of his overtime would allocate to Sue.

Any ideas how to make this work?  I would like it to ultimately look like this:

OT allocation.JPG

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I added another employee to make sure things worked and also took a snip of my data model so you could see that too.  I also seperated the measures into a seperate table so the solution is cleaner and then combined some of the calculations into one so that you could see that too.

OTDAX_Model.pngOTDAX2.png

Hope this helps!

Dawn Thompson

PS:  If this solution works, please mark it as a solution to help others. Kudos are nice too.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
dethompson97
Resolver III
Resolver III

I am also new to DAX and learning and took this on as a challenge.  I entered your data into an Employee Hours table and tried to do what  you were looking for.  I hope this helps point you in the right direction.

OTDAX.png

Hope this helps!

Dawn Thompson

PS:  If this solution works, please mark it as a solution to help others. Kudos are nice too.

I added another employee to make sure things worked and also took a snip of my data model so you could see that too.  I also seperated the measures into a seperate table so the solution is cleaner and then combined some of the calculations into one so that you could see that too.

OTDAX_Model.pngOTDAX2.png

Hope this helps!

Dawn Thompson

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dethompson97  You say you're new to this, but to have worked this out - and so quickly - I think you're further along than you give yourself credit for!  I tried it with some sample data and it worked perfectly!  My actual data will have many other factors that I will work into the calculations, but you gave me the push I needed... thank you!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.