Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

All visual missed

Hey expert, I saved pbi files, then i reopened the file - all visuals are lost, not previous pages as well. But all the queries are stored. Do you know whether it is a bug or i missed something? Thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-henryk-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Can you provide more information, such as what operations were performed before closing this file. You can also check the specific settings in the option for troubleshooting.

vhenrykmstf_0-1626923787300.png

vhenrykmstf_1-1626923820890.png

If the problem is still not resolved, please provide a specific visual screenshot of the error.

Best Regards,
Henry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
v-henryk-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Can you provide more information, such as what operations were performed before closing this file. You can also check the specific settings in the option for troubleshooting.

vhenrykmstf_0-1626923787300.png

vhenrykmstf_1-1626923820890.png

If the problem is still not resolved, please provide a specific visual screenshot of the error.

Best Regards,
Henry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I had exact the same issue today. PBI Desktop report contains multiple pages of visuals, once it was published, it shows nothing in  PBI Service (all pages gone, just ome blank page left), then after reopen my PBI Desktop report, all the pages gone locally as well. I can only recover the file from 1 days ago, two most current versions all blanked when I tried to open and recover from local drive.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Unfortunately, PBI does not offer version history at this moment, otherwise it would be easy to check back the files. Get habits to save files as often as possible. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Henry, I recreated all the visuals - due to all queries stored successfully, it was not too much repeat work to do. When it is happened, everything is normal. But sometimes pbi desktop screen was frozen, i had to force it to shut down. 

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , very rare issue. But do see any recover file option?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey, it did had recover files before. After i stored that file, i chose to clean the clipboard. All the queries was stored, but the visuals disappeared. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.