Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

All the new csv's cells contain null when importing from folder

Hi All,

I have a pbix that I update weekly by adding new csv reports to a folder in order to merge them in power bi. However sometimes when I add a new csv report to my folder the new report is pulled in to the pbix (I use Get data -> folder) in a way that all its cells only contain null values instead, so practicly although my file is pulled my data is lost through the update process.

Can you please tell me what the issue might be and how can I resolve it?

2 REPLIES 2
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

Did you click Refresh to get the new data of the csv files? The point is these file should have same structure. In other words, they should have same column title. Is this the cause?

Can you share some sample files please?

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Dale,

Yes they have exactly the same structure (same column names, same data type, etc.). They are the same reports pulled for different time periods.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.