Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jakmar

All tables from the sql database not showing

When we do the direct query or import to our sql datasource all of the tables are not listed. I notice that there is a counter that stops at 10000 every time that we do the connection. Is there a way to increase the amount of tables names that it will load from the database?

Thanks

Mark

8 REPLIES 8
anilmesta

Hello, 

please find the workaround for the above issue.

1. connect to database in power bi desktop.

2. select any table which appears at the top of the list.

3.click on transform data and change the schema and table name in the M query sections as shown below.

anilmesta_0-1706374765770.png

4. change the name of the table to required table name.

anilmesta_1-1706374834284.png

Thanks and Regards,

Anil Subray Mesta

mlunacalcano2
Regular Visitor

Hello. 

I am having this issue when getting data from MS SQL. Did you find a way to see all tables?

Thank you,

Maria 

Jotti

Hi all,

I have the same problem with the production sql db of a client of mine. Navigator pulls in 10000 tables and stops. Filter on Names does not load more tables, so a couple of tables can not be reached out to. Even more weird, in the development db, it only pulls in ~4600 tables, which makes me think that there is some kind of time out for the Navigator Window. Any ideas, if there is a setting for this or how to get around this? Thx in advance!

no one else having this issue?

I has the same issue, I'm trying to browse from navogator into the more than 100000 tables from a SAP ECC DB.

Please Help

I has the same issue, I'm trying to browse from navogator into the more than 100000 tables from a SAP ECC DB.

Please Help

Anonymous
Not applicable

The same issue is being faced today as well when the SQL tables are more than 25K and the Navigator is only oaing 10000 tables. Any resolutions yet?

ankitpatira
Community Champion
Community Champion

@jakmar you mean under navigator window. i don't think there is option currently to change the way navigator window works.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.