Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

kfulch

All measures showing the same number despite date filters

Hi there,

I've created a Power BI dashboard using website data imported from Google Analytics, and I'm trying to show the different metrics by year to date, month to date and this week. So I've added the measures as cards and put a relative date filter on each card to show items when the value is in this year, month and week - however each of the cards are still showing the same figure. I've tried refreshing the data and nothing has changed. Is there something really obvious that I'm doing wrong? 

Thanks in advanced for any assistance! 

UPDATE: It might also help to mention this only seems to happen with the number of 'Users' metric, it's working correctly for metrics like sessions, page views and bounce rate. 

4 REPLIES 4
V-lianl-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Make sure you are applying visual level filters. If you apply page or report level filters, each visual level filter is affected.

Hi there, I'm definitely just applying visual level filters. This is what my filters look like for the year to date view:

kfulch_0-1632301734881.png

Thanks for trying to help anyway!

UPDATE: It might also help to mention this only seems to happen with the number of 'Users' metric, it's working correctly for metrics like sessions, page views and bounce rate. 

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@kfulch , relative date filter in the visual level filter?

All relative date slicer will use the current date as the reference point. So unless there is period difference it will not work

In case you have used slicer for card. Make sure interactions are done properly

Can you share a sample pbix after removing sensitive data.

Hey, yep it's definitely in the visual level filter. And there's definitely a period difference - the relative dates are for the current year, month and week so there should be a difference in the data. The data is all sensitive unfortunately but thank you for trying to help!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.