Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

vsurendhar
Regular Visitor

All Visuals in my Report are not working - Urgent Help

Hi,

I created a report using BI desktop. When i Tried too reopen the data in the same laptop with all the files avalaible in same location, All my visuals are not loading. But when I publisht the report to Online BI, the reports are woeking fine.

Visual

I tried to create new reports with simple data, still no visuals are coming, getting the same error. None my reports are working and not able to create new reports.

9 REPLIES 9

What happens when you click "see details"?  Create a blank report page in your workbook.  Then try to create the visual again from scratch.  What happens?  Try to see what is going wrong at each stage of building the same visual from scratch

* Matt is an 8 times Microsoft MVP (Power BI) and author of the Power BI Book Supercharge Power BI.

Hi,

When I click "See Details" I get the following msg.

Vis_2.PNG

I tried creating from fresh with the data, but again same error pops up. But when i publish the report in Online Bi, the same report which throws error, is working online

I have seen this before. Do you have the latest version of the desktop installed?  If not, upgrade. If so, do you have a previous version you can downgrade to - to test?

* Matt is an 8 times Microsoft MVP (Power BI) and author of the Power BI Book Supercharge Power BI.

Hi,

I created the report in the latest version, and still using the same version. 

Here is what you should do.

1. Open the report in Power BI Desktop
  2. Go to File | Options and settings | Options | Diagnostics and click the "Enable tracing" checkbox
  3. Save the file and close Power BI Desktop
  4. Open the report in Power BI Desktop
  5. Click the "smiley" button in the top left icon bar and choose "Send a frown"
  6. Accept all the defaults (notice it includes sending trace log information)

You can also go to support.powerbi.com and Contact Support there.

You could also try uninstalling Power BI Desktop and reinstalling.

You could also make a copy of your pbix file and rename it to zip and poke around inside of it.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Hi,

I followed ur steps and has send a frown explaining the details. For now, I cant create new reports or use any my reports created. 

Are all of your reports using the same type of data source (i.e. every report uses Excel as a source, even if different files)? If so, do you get the same issue with another data source (perhaps connect to SQL Server, or try a text or CSV file).

Finally, if the data is not sensitive or proprietary, can you post a PBIX online and share a link?

No my reports use a combination of data source either of txt or excel file. The problem now, is I cant create any report with a simple excel file also.

I also tried opening the report in my friends laptop, which was working earlier, now faces the same problem. But then if I publish the report online, its working fine in Online BI

Hi @vsurendhar,

Which type of visuals do you create in the in the PBIX file? Do you involve any custom visuals? Could you please share sample data of your Excel file & text file and describe the detailed steps that you combine data in Power BI Desktop? I will test it in my environment.

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.