Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jsmn
Frequent Visitor

All Measure Formatting Lost with Direct Connect to PBI Dataset

Hello,

I've created a new report with a direct connection to an existing PowerBI dataset. Upon copying/pasting visuals between reports I noticed that all of the measure formatting was lost. This happens immediately upon switching from a live connection to a local model. The purpose here was to use a central model but then include additional data sources for a specific customer. I am able to update the formatting in the new PBIX on a measure-by-measure basis, but with hundreds of measures I need to find a way to do this in bulk. See example below:

Original:

jsmn_2-1620999770541.png

DirectQuery:

jsmn_1-1620999716300.png

Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Jeff

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yangliu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @jsmn  ,

Live connection connection mode cannot add the data source. You can add this new datasource that needs to be added to the previous datasource to form a new datasource, so that the measure will not be lost.

Best Regards,

Liu Yang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
mattcarter865
Helper I
Helper I

I see the same issue as well. I don't really understand how the accepted solution here addresses the problem of the measure formatting being lost/altered when switching to DirectQuery to AS mode.

v-yangliu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @jsmn  ,

Live connection connection mode cannot add the data source. You can add this new datasource that needs to be added to the previous datasource to form a new datasource, so that the measure will not be lost.

Best Regards,

Liu Yang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you! Unfortunately, that won't work for our use case. We have a "master" data source for all of our clients, but the secondary datasets are client-specific and very large. We wouldn't be able to pull all of them into one data source (without upgrading to premium, at least). 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.