Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

benoit808

Align values for non-summarized columns

I am creating a report containing a table with percentages. I don't want those values to be summarized at the bottom of the table. When I set that column to "Do Not Summarize", the values get automatically aligned left. If I change to summarize as an average (for example), my percentages are aligned right as expected.

How can I keep my values aligned right in the table when selecting "Do Not Summarize"?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @benoit808

It look like a Power BI limitation, you cannot define alignment for columns in any visual.

Perhaps you hould look in the Ideas section to see if somebody has already proposed this feature. If not, you should proposed it.

Sébastien

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Phil_Seamark
Employee
Employee

On the Modelling page you can still set the data type.  Make sure this isn't "text"

To learn more about DAX visit : aka.ms/practicalDAX

Proud to be a Datanaut!

I already have it set to Decimal Number:

snip_20160307165358.png

Or am I looking in the wrong place?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @benoit808

It look like a Power BI limitation, you cannot define alignment for columns in any visual.

Perhaps you hould look in the Ideas section to see if somebody has already proposed this feature. If not, you should proposed it.

Sébastien

You can define alignment for some columns:

Format > Visual > Specific Columns > {{Your Series to Align}} > Values > Alignment

AlignColumnValues.png

It looks like you are right Sebastien. It seems to be such a basic feature that I assumed I was just not finding it but apparently it's not there. I have voted on the Idea: https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/11442462-ability-to-align-the-col...

Thank you for the suggestion

Anonymous
Not applicable

@benoit808 Did you find a solution for alignment, I have a report with multiple column and i can't align all to Left or Right ? 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.