Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

rokas147
Frequent Visitor

Align close by columns when there are slicers

Hi all,

I have this problem. Picture attached below. The left and right columns are from differenct calculations impacted by various slicers, if I leave y axis on auto for start and end, it seems like that 0.4m is bigger than 1.5m which makes no sense.

If I set up start and the end values for y axis, after the different values affecting the columns have been imputed in the slicers, it could provide values 0.2 and 2.5m for example. Thus, start and end values simply dont work as I want to leave the flexibility.

How can I solve this problem and be consistent and have my graphs looking nice?

thanks

ask.png

3 REPLIES 3
Jihwan_Kim
Super User
Super User

Hi, @rokas147 

Please correct me if I wrongly understood your question.

How about trying to create a Calculation Group by using Tabular Editor In Power BI?

Hi, My name is Jihwan Kim.

If this post helps, then please consider accept it as the solution to help other members find it faster, and give a big thumbs up.

Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/jihwankim1975/

If this post helps, then please consider accepting it as the solution to help other members find it faster, and give a big thumbs up.

Go to My LinkedIn Page

Hi, what would be the point of that? I have never heard of that before and googling just gives broad explanations

At this point in time ive worked for over 100 hours on this power bi creating 20 sheets, so redoing everything on a new platform per se does not seem like a solution. 

I imagined there could be some sort of easier way of solving this. 

I was thinking of taking the max value of the bigger column - largest value of the smaller column and add it to smaller column. In this case, i have same y axis but additional part of the column, even if i make it white, it covers the gridlines and has the value, thus, does not seem to be a solution

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.