Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

LUCASM
Helper III
Helper III

Align Y Axis order across 2 or more charts

I am attempting to show the penetration of our models into the Market.

this is being done by the use of 2 charts.

Chart 1 - Penetration: shows the Market share of "Product A" across different countries

Chart 2 - Sales Growth: is showing the percentage point change across two different periods. ie FY21Q1 vs FY22Q1

I have created two Calulations 1 for each chart.

Chart 1 is Sorted by Penetration DESC

How can I get Chart 2 to be in the same country order as Chart 1 - or only have the countries that are in Chart 1, if Chart one has a TOPN filter.

Test pbix 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi, @LUCASM ;

Sorry, try it.

Table2 Penetration = SUMMARIZE('Table2','Table2'[Country],"1",CALCULATE([Calc_Penetration2],FILTER('Table2',[ThisYQ_VS_PrevYQ]="LATEST_QUARTER")))

the final show:

vyalanwumsft_0-1664759078300.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yalan Wu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
v-yalanwu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @LUCASM ;

There are two ways to work around,
one is to add another measure and then set it to white to hide it.

vyalanwumsft_0-1664439321472.png

vyalanwumsft_1-1664439376532.png

The final show:

vyalanwumsft_2-1664439400878.png

Another is create anothe table by dax.

Table 2 = SUMMARIZE('Table',[Country],"1",[C_Penetration])

then connect relationship.

vyalanwumsft_3-1664439630615.png

then sort by 1 column.

vyalanwumsft_4-1664439687241.png

The final show:

vyalanwumsft_5-1664439727473.png

Best Regards,
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hello @v-yalanwu-msft 

Thank you for your support.
I did attempt your first solution prior to my cry for assistance, but it looks bad and you cannot format the -ve/+ve values to different colours.
I then went on to create a piece of DAX to create a Rank of Penetration and wen I went to apply it to my live work it didnt work. It seems tha same happens to teh solution you offered.
For some reason it just doesnt sort the countries at all even when you sort the new table by "1"
In my live data set the values get changed slightly too which was worrying.

LUCASM_0-1664475611138.png

I have linked my continued work as a new pbix file here

Hi, @LUCASM ;

change it.

Table2 Penetration = SUMMARIZE('Table2','Table2'[Country],"1",[Calc_Penetration2])

The final show:

vyalanwumsft_0-1664531262753.png

Best Regards,

HI @v-yalanwu-msft 

I must be missing something here or the file you attached does not contan the solution you proposed.

LUCASM_0-1664658033737.png

as you can see the code is identical to yours above but the charts do not match?

This screen shot was taken from the attached file

Hi, @LUCASM ;

Sorry, try it.

Table2 Penetration = SUMMARIZE('Table2','Table2'[Country],"1",CALCULATE([Calc_Penetration2],FILTER('Table2',[ThisYQ_VS_PrevYQ]="LATEST_QUARTER")))

the final show:

vyalanwumsft_0-1664759078300.png

Best Regards,

Hi @v-yalanwu-msft 
Sorry for the prolonged reply, I had some deadlines and I was trying your solution inbetween time.
I have no idea what to do now as I can see from your attachment it works, but in my live file it refuses to list correctly.

I am using Version: 2.109.1021.0 64-bit (September 2022) 
And am completely confused now, and cannot see anything that you may have done and not highlighted to me. 

LUCASM_3-1664968760635.png

LUCASM_2-1664968576666.png

Penetration Table = SUMMARIZE('Table2',Table2[Country],"1",CALCULATE([C_Penetration],FILTER('Table2',[Quarter_C_VS_Prev_Year]="LATEST_QUARTER")))

As a workaround I have added C_Peneration to Tooltips and then I was able to sort by C_Penetration.

So I will mark this as resolved.
Thank you for yur help though, it may work again, another time...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.