Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

FabioN
Frequent Visitor

Alert with new row

Hello all,

my data is refreshed every night.

I have a table with a list of products that are below stock level.

Is there a way to send an email / trigger an alert when a new product is added to this list, with the refresh of the data, stating which new product(s) have been added to the list?

Thank you very much,

Fabio

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-deddai1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @FabioN ,

It can't be achieved in power bi currently to show the refreshed data separately.  Once the refresh is triggered, all content will be refreshed, and the latest data refreshed to the dataset cannot be obtained through any identifier.

Even if incremental refresh is enabled, I have not found any way to get the latest refreshed data.  The method I think is to add a  time column to the data source. Whenever new data is added to the data source, add the current time together. You can use this column to get the latest refresh data in power bi.

I also suggest you create an idea for it in https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas

Best Regards,

Dedmon Dai

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-deddai1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @FabioN ,

It can't be achieved in power bi currently to show the refreshed data separately.  Once the refresh is triggered, all content will be refreshed, and the latest data refreshed to the dataset cannot be obtained through any identifier.

Even if incremental refresh is enabled, I have not found any way to get the latest refreshed data.  The method I think is to add a  time column to the data source. Whenever new data is added to the data source, add the current time together. You can use this column to get the latest refresh data in power bi.

I also suggest you create an idea for it in https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas

Best Regards,

Dedmon Dai

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@FabioN , the way I can think of is that email scheduling of a report showing new product added

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/e-mail-subscription-time-based-scheduling-now-available/

@amitchandak thank you for your tip. But how can I select only the new products added? 

I understand you suggest to crate a different report, let's say "Products under stock today", where I add only those that went under stock at this refresh of data. But how can I get the subset of the "newly added" ones and not every product in the list?

Thank you,

Fabio

JSnow
Frequent Visitor

This is what I would suggest trying.  Create two data flows that are duplicates of your product listings of low stock items.  Refresh one at 12am and refresh the second at 1am.  While the two data sets are out of sync between 12am and 1am create a bi report showing the changes and email it nightly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.