Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Aggregation of a metric at day level

Hello,

I am stuck in achieving the following requirement. I am a building a calculated column A with the following calculations-

Column A= CALCULATE(SUM('TableA'[loan_cnt]),FILTER('TableA','TableA'[filter_criteria]="Cond.1"),FILTER('TableA',YEAR('TableA'[Date])=YEAR(TODAY())),FILTER('TableA',MONTH('TableA'[Date])=MONTH(NOW())))

This works fine but then it shows data aggregated to a month level(current month as i have specifed in my dax). But I want the data to be shown at day level. Also, I cant have filters. This is an MTD report.

Thanks,

Deeptha 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@Anonymous,

Do you want to show data of current month in 2018(2018/02)? If so, create a measure instead of a calculated column using DAX below.

Measure = CALCULATE(SUM('TableA'[loan_cnt]),FILTER('TableA','TableA'[filter_criteria]="Cond.1"),FILTER('TableA',YEAR('TableA'[Date])=YEAR(TODAY())),FILTER('TableA',MONTH('TableA'[Date])=MONTH(NOW())))

There is an example for your reference.
1.JPG

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@Anonymous,

Do you want to show data of current month in 2018(2018/02)? If so, create a measure instead of a calculated column using DAX below.

Measure = CALCULATE(SUM('TableA'[loan_cnt]),FILTER('TableA','TableA'[filter_criteria]="Cond.1"),FILTER('TableA',YEAR('TableA'[Date])=YEAR(TODAY())),FILTER('TableA',MONTH('TableA'[Date])=MONTH(NOW())))

There is an example for your reference.
1.JPG

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

That worked absolutely fine ! Thank you so much for your timely input 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.