Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Pat_PBI
Regular Visitor

Aggregation (new feature)

Hello,

I have two SAP HANA sources, both are import. The preview feature of Manage Aggregation is activated.

Main

YEAR / MONTH / Sales

Aggregation

YEAR / Sales

I followed the instruction: Right click on the "Aggregation" table, choose Manage Aggregation. In the popup I choose Group by for YEAR and Sum for Sales. Then try selecting a detail table and my main table is greyed out (not selectable). I created other table (all from HANA source) and everything in detail table is always greyed out.

Are SAP HANA sourced table are supported by this new feature ?

Thanks, Pat

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi Pat, 

Almost all the data sources are supported. Please refer to power-bi/desktop-aggregations#data-source-types.

But as a preview feature, there are some limitations. The Detail table should be in Direct Query mode. Please refer to power-bi/desktop-aggregations#validations.

>>>Detail table must be DirectQuery, not Import. Public preview limitation.

Considering these limitations, you can try it again.

Best Regards,
Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi Pat, 

Almost all the data sources are supported. Please refer to power-bi/desktop-aggregations#data-source-types.

But as a preview feature, there are some limitations. The Detail table should be in Direct Query mode. Please refer to power-bi/desktop-aggregations#validations.

>>>Detail table must be DirectQuery, not Import. Public preview limitation.

Considering these limitations, you can try it again.

Best Regards,
Dale

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks for the reply, is it planned for the product to be able to have an imported Detail Table 

Hi @Pat_PBI,

Yes, these limitations will be removed in the GA release. 

>>>During this public preview for aggregations, the following validations are also enforced. We intend to remove these validations upon releasing for general availability.

Best Regards,
Dale

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.