Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Aggregation functionality returns wrong total

I have a fact table (direct query), fact table aggr (import) and a date table (dual). 

npsmith_3-1612128637697.png

When I pull in the year from the Date and pull in a non-aggr value, I get a result where the lines are correct but the grand total is not:

npsmith_0-1612128428132.png

Why does this happen? When I take that year (Date table) field out, it shows that grand total correctly:

npsmith_1-1612128499455.png

And it hits the aggr fine- so the functionality works until I pull in the date dimension field. 

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Anonymous 

Did you try to change the many:many relationship to a one:many relationship?

Best regards

Mikelytics

Did I solve your request? Please mark my post as solution. 

Appreciate your Kudos.

------------------------------------------------------------------
Visit my blog datenhungrig which I recently started with content about business intelligence and Power BI in German and English or follow me on LinkedIn!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Mikelytics  thanks for pointing that out. Staring at problem too long I guess :). that resolved it.

This was actually something I was doing to try to figure out a different problem. I get that same wrong grand total if the date table is something generated as a manual table/procedure within the pbix file's transformation.  It seems that because a manual table is always IMPORT (and can't be DUAL), that the aggregation functionality won't work with it. I will need to create that date dimension as a table in my source database so I can use it as DUAL type in the model.  Thanks!

Hi @Anonymous 

Did you try to change the many:many relationship to a one:many relationship?

Best regards

Mikelytics

Did I solve your request? Please mark my post as solution. 

Appreciate your Kudos.

------------------------------------------------------------------
Visit my blog datenhungrig which I recently started with content about business intelligence and Power BI in German and English or follow me on LinkedIn!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yup- that was my issue for the specific setup I noted in the original posting.

Thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.