Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

KLee16
Regular Visitor

Aggregating survey/audit responses (by column and row)

Hello, 

I am fairly new to DAX and PowerBI.

I have 2 queries I would love assisitance on.

I have a MS Form that is linked to as my data source and the survey/audit responses are categorised into Topics and then there are a set of related questions in which each question can only have 1 of 3 value responses (No Issue, Needs Improvement, Stop and Correct). 

I need to be able to aggregate the total number of responses per topic (similar to how i have shown below) to be shown in a pie/gauge chart.

My second query is, is it possible to then  drill down to see what questions relate to the response as my ultimate goal is that I can see majority of audits are showing the requirements in Topic 1 - Q2 needs attention as most responses are "Stop and Correct".

Appreciate your assistance.

Kind Regards, K

My Example Data Step

My Example Data from MS Forms Excel Responses SheetMy Example Data from MS Forms Excel Responses Sheet

Visual per topic I would like to achieve

Chart I would like to achieve per topicChart I would like to achieve per topic

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@KLee16 , I one the thing, which I can thing is unpivot all "Topic - "columns into rows, see if that can help

https://radacad.com/pivot-and-unpivot-with-power-bi

If this does not help
Can you share sample data and sample output in table format? Or a sample pbix after removing sensitive data.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@KLee16 , I one the thing, which I can thing is unpivot all "Topic - "columns into rows, see if that can help

https://radacad.com/pivot-and-unpivot-with-power-bi

If this does not help
Can you share sample data and sample output in table format? Or a sample pbix after removing sensitive data.

@amitchandak Thank you. 

This has worked perfectly

I appreciate your prompt repsonse.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.