Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Aggregating month data from two SharePoint lists

Hi, new to Power BI here - apologies for my lack of knowledge. I am generating a report using two separate SharePoint 2013 lists, which deal with three different categories of documents (1 on the first list and 2 on the second). Each document type has a separate "Month" column in its list, denoting the month of the year that an individual document was sent. I have also created a measure which calculates the percentage of documents that were sent on time (number of documents sent on time/total number of documents sent).

When I plot this sent on time measure for one document type against the appropriate "Month" metric (and sort the Month by a MonthNumber column to get them to appear in the correct order), I get the following bar chart:

hh849_0-1660905811259.png

This works fine, but if I try to introduce another document type's sent on time measure to the same bar chart, I get the following:

hh849_1-1660906299346.png

For the second document type (in blue), only the overall percentage for all time is shown in each month. This is despite bringing in the other "Month" metric for B-type documents in as an axis. I presume this is because the "Month" data comes from two separate columns on two separate lists and so cannot be treated "as one"and/or you can only have one X axis on a bar chart. Is there a way to aggregate (not sure if that's the correct term) the Month data so I can achieve a bar chart which something that looks like this (created in Excel):

hh849_3-1660906708097.png

1 REPLY 1
ToddChitt
Super User
Super User

You may need to get the two datasets combined (UNIONed) into one, then you can play with the Legend attribute of column and bar charts. 

Did I answer your question? If so, mark my post as a solution. Also consider helping someone else in the forums!

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.