Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

meski
Frequent Visitor

Aggregating measure based on dates

Hi

I am working with invoice level data but am trying to create a measure which applies conditions at the aggregated customer level within a period. Example below shows invoice $ by customer and from this I am trying to count how many customers are within terms (ie assessing all the outstanding invoices for the period and determining that total overdue =0 at a customer level - refer boxed column).  My attempts so far haven't been able to get past the row context so each invoice is being evaulated but am sure it's more straightforward than I'm making it in my head. 

Help much appreciated.  Thanks in advance!

Capture.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

If you look at the PBIX file I loaded, I add both.

The first is a calculated column to the 4 column table

Within Terms = IF('Table1'[Overdue]=0,"Y","N")

image.png

To learn more about DAX visit : aka.ms/practicalDAX

Proud to be a Datanaut!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
meski
Frequent Visitor

Hi Phil - this is a simplified representation of fact table data which is transactional, by calendar date and keyed to many other dimensions.  Thx

I think I have it,

This basic measure sounds like it does the trick. I have attached a sample PBIX

Measure = MIN('Table1'[Within Terms])

image.png

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Hi Phil - apologies, I haven't been clear.  The last 2 cols in my example are not in the source data.  The boxed column ('Within Terms @ customer level') is the result I am trying to get whereas the column 'Within Terms' is the result I am getting at present. Thx again.

If you look at the PBIX file I loaded, I add both.

The first is a calculated column to the 4 column table

Within Terms = IF('Table1'[Overdue]=0,"Y","N")

image.png

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Thanks Phil - works well.  Am npw trying to get a count of how many customers meet this criteria within a period or within a division which I can do but am having issues with getting the count to work at Grand Total level.  In this eg the total should be 1 (ie Cust B). Thanks again in advance.

Phil_Seamark
Employee
Employee

Hi @meski

Is the sample data an example of what you have in a data table?  Or is this summarized from another table?

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.