Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

perroflaco

Aggregates in Power BI visualizations issue

Hi!

I'm trying to make a graph to show the evolution of a measure during time. I have two columns: date and the measure I want to show; none of them are text, they are properly transformed. However, it doesn't give me the option "Do Not Summarize", and instead it shows me other options like "sum, average, etc.". I can do this graph without any problem in Excel, but I'm having this problem in Power Bi.

Any ideas? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I had to click on "Fecha" (date) instead of "Jerarquía de fechas", which was the option that come by default. Thanks!

Sin título.png

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @perroflaco,

Normally, the field you've selected is likely a calculated measure or advanced measure created in Power BI Desktop. Each calculated measure has its own hard-coded formula. You can’t change the aggregation being used. For example, if it’s a sum, it can only be a sum. In the Fields list, calculated measures are shown with the calculator symbol.

For reference, you could have a look at this considerations about aggregation.

Besides, If it is convenient, could you please share a screenshot which could reproduce your scenario?

Best Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Here you can view a screenshot. Sorry, I couldn't figure out how to upload an image directly 😕  

Still have no clue why it doesn't give me the "do not summarize" option, data is coming directly from a call to a web service, I haven't done any complex operations, besides transforming data. 

Thanks for your help!

Another screenshot, just in case it's interesting to see what's behind the menu (now, it seems it gave me the option to upload the photos, great :))

screenshot2.png

screenshot.jpg

Hi @perroflaco,

Actually,the value in most of charts in power bi are aggregated by default because we need to analyze the trend of data through these charts.

If you don't want data to be aggregated and show Don't summarize, you can try with Table or Multi-Row Card which could show the value Don't summarize.

Untitled.png

Best Regards,

Cherry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@perroflaco

Hi, The graph is creating 1 value by each point in the chart.

You can drill down to a lower level using the 2 arrows

Victor.

Lima - Peru

By the way, I was not really sure about your suggestion, but in the end you gave me the clue 🙂

Hi  @perroflaco,

Have you solved your problems? If you have solved, you could share your answer or accept the replies making sense as solution to your question so that people who may have the same question can get the solution directly.

Best Regards,

Cherry

I had to click on "Fecha" (date) instead of "Jerarquía de fechas", which was the option that come by default. Thanks!

Sin título.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.