Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Aggregate hours per week per employee then show weeks where total < 40

Can this be done using a measure? I have one than sums up the hours. I also have week number in my date table. In my matrix visual, I have employee as row and week as column. I then apply the filter hours < 40.  It works when I select only one week in the slicer. I see all employees whose total hours in the selected week is less than 40. But if I add a second selected week in the slicer, the filter gets applied to the total for the 2 selected weeks.  The filter is like total hours for 2 weeks < 40.  How can I make the filter be checked against each individual week's total? I want it to work even if I select multiple weeks.

One Week Selected.pngTwo Weeks Selected.png

Best regards,

Ferdinand 

2 REPLIES 2
Nathaniel_C
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous ,

You can create this measure.

Less than 40 = If( MAX(Hours[Hours])<40,MAX(Hours[Hours]),"")

You could use BLANK() instead of "". Showing a table with hours, and then only less than 40.

If this solves your issues, please mark it as the solution, so that others can find it easily. Kudos are nice too.
Nathaniel

max hours.PNG

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Nathaniel,

Thank you for your solution.  Unfortunately, it didn't work for me.  The granularity of my data is one record per employee per day with the number of hours worked that day.  Then I want to see which employees and in what weeks they worked less than a total of 40 hours, a week being Monday-Sunday.

I was hoping a measure or some measures could be the solution.  But since I couldn't do it that way, I ended up creating a calculated table summarizing the hours at the employee/week level.  I then added a calculated column in both tables concatenating the email & week start date.  Names aren't unique so I used email.  I then joined the two table using the calculated column.

Now I can report on the original table but using the summarized weekly hours from the calculated table to filter.

I find my current solution a bit convoluted and feels more like a workaround.  I would like to know the best practice for this type of requirement - filtering a detail table using a value from the same table but summarized at a higher granularity (in my case, weekly total).

Best Regards,

Ferdinand

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.