Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

vfernandes0408
Frequent Visitor

Aggregate Value Another Table

Hi,
i need aggregate two table.
I need get value on table 2 if dont exist information on table 1 and mount table 3 with aggregate values

https://photos.app.goo.gl/zGldGWhb8uN8erYf1

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @vfernandes0408

Something like that?

06-03-2018 20-17-03.png

Here is the code for this:

let
    Source = Table.NestedJoin(Table1,{"Date"},Table2,{"Date"},"Tabelle2",JoinKind.LeftOuter),
    #"Expanded {0}" = Table.ExpandTableColumn(Source, "Tabelle2", {"Date", "Value", "Type"}, {"Tabelle2.Date", "Tabelle2.Value", "Tabelle2.Type"}),
    #"Added Custom" = Table.AddColumn(#"Expanded {0}", "Table", each if [Tabelle2.Date] = null then "Table1" else "Table2"),
    #"Removed Other Columns" = Table.SelectColumns(#"Added Custom",{"Date", "Value", "Table"})
in
    #"Removed Other Columns"

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @vfernandes0408
I don't know if I get your question right, but here is an answer,
You could merge the 2 tables (1+2) by using the Query Editor.
The code is:

let
    Source = Table.NestedJoin(Tabelle1,{"Date", "Value", "Type"},Tabelle2,{"Date", "Value", "Type"},"Tabelle2",JoinKind.LeftOuter),
    #"Expanded {0}" = Table.ExpandTableColumn(Source, "Tabelle2", {"Date", "Value", "Type"}, {"Tabelle2.Date", "Tabelle2.Value", "Tabelle2.Type"}),
    #"Added Custom" = Table.AddColumn(#"Expanded {0}", "Table", each if [Tabelle2.Date] = null then "Table1" else "Table2"),
    #"Removed Other Columns" = Table.SelectColumns(#"Added Custom",{"Date", "Value", "Type", "Table"})
in
    #"Removed Other Columns"

Please tell, if the code is ok for you.

I try to explain with more details.

i have a table 1 where I have type test1, test2 and test3 and in table2 I have type test2 and test3. I need a formula that if the columns of date, value, and type columns do not have the value in table1 it takes on table2 and can not repeat the value of table1

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi again
I post you the result I got with my query in the Query Editor:
05-03-2018 21-12-24.png

Maybe I didn't get you right?

this function works but i explain wrong.

i make image with explain

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipNi1Eh8BrzUck0uYkiNFBcbF3hyp7p20Qb8M5PY2jfunWGDugApQXKp4mDqDNVC...

If the date 01/04/2018 doesnt have on table2 i get value on table 1

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @vfernandes0408

Something like that?

06-03-2018 20-17-03.png

Here is the code for this:

let
    Source = Table.NestedJoin(Table1,{"Date"},Table2,{"Date"},"Tabelle2",JoinKind.LeftOuter),
    #"Removed Other Columns" = Table.SelectColumns(#"Added Custom",{"Date", "Value", "Table"})
in
    #"Removed Other Columns"

thanks a lot.

I find some errors but i correct and now works fine

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.