Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Aggregate Measured Calculation

Here is my data source:

andrewseaman_1-1593734067763.png

What I need to do here is compare different versions.  I did this by duplicating the table 3 times and adding in some filters selections.

andrewseaman_3-1593734165533.png

andrewseaman_2-1593734126305.png

The Measure on the far right performs calculations between Table_1_Qtr_1 and Table_2_Qtr_1.  I need to aggregate the Measure to see how many Result 1 there are and how many Results 2 there are.

4 REPLIES 4
v-yingjl
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

No matter what is your data look like and not certain how did your measure get result 1&2, I have created a simple table and a measure like this:

sample table.png

Measure_test = 
IF ( SELECTEDVALUE ( test[value] ) <= 2, "Result1", "Result2" )

Create another measure to aggregate measured calculation:

Count = 
VAR tab =
    SUMMARIZE ( 'test', 'test'[value], "Result", [Measure_test] )
VAR newtab =
    ADDCOLUMNS (
        tab,
        "Count",
        VAR tab2 =
            SUMMARIZE ( ALL ( 'test' ), 'test'[value], "Result", [Measure_test] )
        VAR _re = [Result]
        RETURN
            CALCULATE ( DISTINCTCOUNT ( 'test'[value] ), FILTER ( tab2, [Result] = _re ) )
    )
RETURN
    SUMX ( newtab, [Count] )

The sample result will be like this:

result.png

You can refer and modify the above measure based on your previous measure as your need.

Attached my sample file that you can refer: Aggregate Measured Calculation.pbix

Best Regards,
Yingjie Li

If this post helps then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

My main issue is I need to aggregate by this "Measure_Test" column.  When I remove the value column in your attached file I lose the Measure_Test column.  Any ideas?

Hi @Anonymous ,

In table visual, measure is based on a specific data column dynamically. The value column is like the Product_ID column in your data table, needs it as a reference. If you only put measures in the table visual without any fact column, I don't think you can get the result like 'Result1' and 'Result2'.

If you also have some problems, could you please consider sharing a sample file for further discussion?

Best Regards,
Yingjie Li

If this post helps then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , You need to create a version table twice. And keep it disconnected and use filter in measure

Version1 = distinct(Table[Version])

Version2 = distinct(Table[Version])

You will have a formula like this

Measure =
calculate(sum(Table[Qtr1]), Table[version]=selectedvalue(Version1[Version])) -calculate(sum(Table[Qtr1]), Table[version]=selectedvalue(Version2[Version]))

I have assume disconnected table, so no worry about othe filter/slicer

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.