Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

GTPowerBIUser
Helper III
Helper III

Aggregate Dates by Sum or Count in Power Query

I'm not sure how to solve this one and could use some help from the Power BI Community...

I'm hoping to aggregate the dates into a count, with null showing a 0. So if someone has two dates associated with their employee ID, they should show a 2 in the training completed column. There are other pieces of information in this table which all have 1 row of information per Employee ID - so the entire table should remain. Id like to solve this in Power Query.

I have a table:

Employee ID  |  Training Completed date  | 10 more columns on other things about employee

251                 | null

542                 | 1/23/2019

542                 | 2/27/2019

693                 | null

002                 | 3/31/2019

I'd like it to look like:

Employee ID

251               | 0

542               | 2

693               | 0

002               | 1

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
vanessafvg
Super User
Super User

@GTPowerBIUser  this could work, see attached

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
vanessafvg
Super User
Super User

@GTPowerBIUser  this could work, see attached

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.