Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Kumar11109
Helper IV
Helper IV

Aggergation in Scatter Plot

Dear All,

I want to create a scatter plot. I have been able to find out the attempt number for each resource for each group. A sample of the data is given below. 

Sample Data  ( This won't have scores, I am sorry I cant give that) 

I need to create a scatter plot between the attempt number and score obtained for that attempt. But scatter plot is aggregating the attempt number and the scores obtained. I will have a filter for each resource so that we can see the plot for each resource. 

Please help!!!!

Thank You,

Kumar Ashwarya 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

To the best of my knowledge, scatter plots in Power BI always aggregate x and y axis. You could potentially get around that by assigning a unique Index to each row and using that as your Legend.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

View solution in original post

v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Kumar11109,

As the @Greg_Deckler said, Scatter Plot will aggregate automatically. Please see this feature request and vote them. For your scenario, you can create the line chart visualization, set the line as white, and open marker as the screenshot below shown.

1.PNG

Best Regards,
Angelia

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Kumar11109,

Please mark the right reply as answer, so more people like you get useful information from here. Thanks for understanding.

Thanks,
Angelia

v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Kumar11109,

As the @Greg_Deckler said, Scatter Plot will aggregate automatically. Please see this feature request and vote them. For your scenario, you can create the line chart visualization, set the line as white, and open marker as the screenshot below shown.

1.PNG

Best Regards,
Angelia

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

To the best of my knowledge, scatter plots in Power BI always aggregate x and y axis. You could potentially get around that by assigning a unique Index to each row and using that as your Legend.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.