Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Marcus3149
Frequent Visitor

Aged Debtors

Hi All,

I have a dataset that contains 3.2m rows of accounts receiveable data.  My users would like a slicer/filter that allows them to select the date they'd like to run the report and the result would something similar to below.

Image result for aged debtors report

Each row in my dataset contains (amongst other columns) the due date, the clearing date (ie. date settled), the customer number and the value of the invoice.  The data to be displayed would be all invoices with a due date prior to the date selected that have no clearing date or a clearing date after the date selected.  We've managed to achieve this with a series of measures and filters  but having issues with the report taking a long time to refresh and when running from the service we get an "out of memory" error if not enough fields are filtered.  I've attached an example file with data in question and our current methodology.  Anyone know how I can achieve the same result in a more efficient manner?

Aged Trial Balance Example Data.pbix

Thanks,

Marcus

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-danhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Marcus3149,

Based on my research, you could refer to these links:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/power-bi-reports-performance

https://www.sqlbi.com/articles/optimizing-dax-expressions-involving-multiple-measures/

Also, you could modify your measure by using  the CALCULATE function with a single filter:

Age 1 - 30 = 
CALCULATE (
    SUM ( 'Transaction Table'[Value] ),
    FILTER (
        'Transaction Table','Transaction Table'[Due Date]<= SELECTEDVALUE ( 'Selection Date'[Selection Date])
        &&
     [WhatIsTheAge] >= 1 && [WhatIsTheAge] < 31 
     &&
     'Transaction Table'[Clearing Date] > SELECTEDVALUE ( 'Selection Date'[Selection Date] )
            || 'Transaction Table'[Clearing Date] = BLANK ()
            )
            )

Hope it could help you.

Regards,

Daniel He

Community Support Team _ Daniel He
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-danhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Marcus3149,

Could you please tell me if your problem has been solved? If it is, could you please mark the helpful replies as Answered?

Regards,

Daniel He

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
v-danhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Marcus3149,

Based on my research, you could refer to these links:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/power-bi-reports-performance

https://www.sqlbi.com/articles/optimizing-dax-expressions-involving-multiple-measures/

Also, you could modify your measure by using  the CALCULATE function with a single filter:

Age 1 - 30 = 
CALCULATE (
    SUM ( 'Transaction Table'[Value] ),
    FILTER (
        'Transaction Table','Transaction Table'[Due Date]<= SELECTEDVALUE ( 'Selection Date'[Selection Date])
        &&
     [WhatIsTheAge] >= 1 && [WhatIsTheAge] < 31 
     &&
     'Transaction Table'[Clearing Date] > SELECTEDVALUE ( 'Selection Date'[Selection Date] )
            || 'Transaction Table'[Clearing Date] = BLANK ()
            )
            )

Hope it could help you.

Regards,

Daniel He

@v-danhe-msft @Marcus3149 

This thread became useless when the link to the pbix file expired, no one can benefit from it now.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.