Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

GJ217
Resolver III
Resolver III

Age Bands not appearing against all in Cluster Bar visual

Hi,

I have an Indexed lkp table for Aged Bands as below with a One to Many link to Age Bands in my Person table.

1. Up to 20yrs

2. 21 - 30yrs

3. 31 - 40yrs

4. 41 - 50yrs

5. Over 50yrs

I've added the Age Bands from my Indexed LKP table to the Y-axis of the chart and the Total number of Leavers to the X-axis.

My Chart is coming back with the following

(Blank)  = 2233

Up to 20yrs = 42

Over 50yrs = 825

When I add the Age Bands from the Person table to the Y-axis of the visual all the Age Bands are fully populated but not in the order that I need them listed as above.

Can anyone please tell me how to resolve this?

Many thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
GJ217
Resolver III
Resolver III

I have managed to resolve this and it transpired that the my Age Bands in my index table had a space before and after the "-". I've taken the spaces out and it now works.

Many thanks to those who looked into this for me.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
GJ217
Resolver III
Resolver III

I have managed to resolve this and it transpired that the my Age Bands in my index table had a space before and after the "-". I've taken the spaces out and it now works.

Many thanks to those who looked into this for me.

v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @GJ217,

If you want these text values sorting with specific orders, you can refer to the following blog to create a custom sort table and link to the raw table field and use on chart to apply these sorting effects:

Custom Sorting in Power BI 

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-shex-msft 

I have already done this and it doesn't work. I have done the same thing with the Salary Band Index table and that works fine but for some odd reason it does not work for my Age Band Index table.

djurecicK2
Super User
Super User

Hi @GJ217 ,

If the issue is the sort order, you can add a column to your lookup table like SortOrder with the order you want for each band. Then select the band column and select Sort By Column and choose the SortOrder column that you created.

djurecicK2_0-1671473182666.png

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@GJ217 , I doubt there problem in bucket join, seem like decimal place are not taken care.

If this does not help
Can you share sample data and sample output in table format? Or a sample pbix after removing sensitive data.

Hi @amitchandak 

I've changed the Index column to decimal data type and it still doesn't work. Unable to share PBIX as all the data is sensitive and will take me just as long to anonymise it. The mystery is that my other index table works and I've followed the same steps to create the Age Bands Index table.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.