Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

hhebbalu
Frequent Visitor

After the PowerBI desktop refresh, the fact/measure table icon is changing to regular table icon

Hi,

We save pbit in the source code. Whenever we need to make any changes in the file, we open the pbit file from the powerbi desktop and refresh locally and make changes save it as pbix.

After the refresh in powerbi desktop, the hidden columns are visible and the fact/measure table icon is changing to regular table icon. It's basically reverting all the changes. It's not happening to everybody in the team, just me.

If I edit instead of load(as shown in the 2nd pic) the icon looks like the measures (as shown in the 1st pic) and then if I refresh it's behaving as shown in the 3rd pic. I uninstalled powerbi, deleted the folder and reinstalled, but still having the same issue. Has anybody faced this kind of issue? Or know the solution to fix this?

hhebbalu_0-1626801255163.pnghhebbalu_1-1626801454843.pnghhebbalu_2-1626802034708.png

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
hhebbalu
Frequent Visitor

@mwegener @v-shex-msft  I added screenshots and edited the post. Please let me know if I make sense now.

Hi @hhebbalu ,

can you show if anything has changed in the column structure of the tables?

Did I answer your question?
Please mark my post as solution, this will also help others.
Please give Kudos for support.

Marcus Wegener works as Full Stack Power BI Engineer at BI or DIE.
His mission is clear: "Get the most out of data, with Power BI."
twitter - LinkedIn - YouTube - website - podcast

Hi @mwegener ,

Not sure if this is what you mean when you say column structures in table being changed. After the refresh when I compare the new pbit with the old pbit(prior refresh) in ALM toolkit, I can see below changes. The columns are visible whereas they were hidden before. Please look at the screenshot below, for eg; the AccountSubaccountKey was hidden but it's now visible. and many other columns and even the formats are gone. Along with the previous icon issue that I mentioned.

hhebbalu_0-1626904915172.png

Hi @hhebbalu ,

cool that you are already familiar with the ALM toolkit.
That's exactly what I wanted to check. In this example, the AccountSubaccountKey column has the same GUID for the "lineageTag" column, so I assume that it really is the same column and not a column that was recreated after the data load.
Have you already tried the new Power BI Desktop release?

That is right. It's reverting the visibility or formats in some(most) existing columns when I refresh in the desktop. It's also doing that icon change for the measures table. This is not happening to others in the team. 

And yes, I uninstalled the PowerBI and downloaded the latest version and installed it. No luck. 

v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @hhebbalu,

Can you please share more detailed information with a pbix file to test? It should help us clarify your scenario and test to troubleshoot.

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly  

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Hi @hhebbalu ,

can you share more information about the source and maybe some screenshot about the queries?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.