cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DBDave Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: After latest update getting error publishing, and now can't open pbix file

Well, the positive part is that I can also now open the pbix file with that latest build (woohoo!!), but the negative side is that I now get an error when trying to publish the report.  I never had any issues publishing this report before, but now every time I try it throws the error "AN ERROR OCCURRED WHILE ATTEMPTING TO PUBLISH '<report_name>.PBIX': THE REMOTE SERVER RETURNED AN ERROR: (404) NOT FOUND."

I've given up trying to figure this out and have opened a support case instead.  Moral of the story is that I need to be super cautious about upgrading my client in future, and more paranoid about keeping multiple backup copies of reports between desktop versions.  SMH.

mike_honey
Advisor

Thanks all for your comments. The fix for this is now being actively worked on, ref https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

mike_honey
Advisor

That fix has been released, and it has resolved this issue for me.  Can others please test and post your results.

dMac314 Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Im having this issue since yesterday, it's killing me!! I need to present a report to C-Lev execs today and I cant publish. This is horrible!!!

Highlighted
mike_honey
Advisor

@dMac314 - your issue is surely unrelated - this specific issue was resolved in 2016.