Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

mochabits
Helper II
Helper II

After a date is selected from slicer on page 1, the slicer on page 2 is set to "the date + 1 month"

Hi all,

I have a report that has two pages. One page 1, when a user picks a date period from the slicer, say "July 2018" (see 1st screenshot), The default date on page 2 will have to be "the date + 1 month (August 2018) (see the 2nd screenshot).

Is this requirement doable? Thank you all for the help.

Page 1Page 1page2.png

2 REPLIES 2
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @mochabits,

I would suggest you create an idea on Power BI idea. Please also try @edhans's workaround.

Best Regards,
Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
edhans
Super User
Super User

Not directly. However, if you set your data up on page 2 to be filtered from the page 1 slicer, and then all of your measures on page 2 were based on the month from page 1 + 1 month, you could get it to work.

So something along the lines of DATEADD(SELECTEDVALUE(Table[YearMonth]),1,MONTH)

But you cannot put a measure in a slicer. So you would need all new measures for page 2 to use the calculated date above. And make sure the slicer on page 1 affects page 2. See the View ribbon, Sync Slicers section.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Did my answers help arrive at a solution? Give it a kudos by clicking the Thumbs Up!

DAX is for Analysis. Power Query is for Data Modeling

Proud to be a Super User!

MCSA: BI Reporting

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.