Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

gotmike
Frequent Visitor

After CREATING a Google Analytics query, how do I get back to the Navigator to Edit?

I created a query using the connector for Google Analytics, and now I'm trying to go back to edit the query, but I can't seem to get the Navigator Window to show back up.

I get an error like..

Expression.Error: Google Analytics requires that at least one measure be specified.

And when I look at the code, I see something like this...

let
    Source = GoogleAnalytics.Accounts(),
    #"[AccountId]" = Source{[Id="[AccountId]"]}[Data],
    #"[UA-CODE]" = #"[AccountId]"{[Id="[UA-CODE]"]}[Data],
    #"[PropertyId]" = #"[UA-CODE]"{[Id="[PropertyId]"]}[Data]
in
    #"[PropertyId]"

If I look at the raw query code from a newly-created one, I see something like this...

let
    Source = GoogleAnalytics.Accounts(),
    #"[AccountId]" = Source{[Id="[AccountId]"]}[Data],
    #"[UA-CODE]" = #"[AccountId]"{[Id="[UA-CODE]"]}[Data],
    #"[PropertyId]" = #"[UA-CODE]"{[Id="[PropertyId]"]}[Data]
    #"Added Items" = Cube.Transform(#"[PropertyId]",
        {
            {Cube.AddAndExpandDimensionColumn, "ga:adDistributionNetwork", {"ga:adDistributionNetwork"}, {"Ad Distribution Network"}},
            {Cube.AddAndExpandDimensionColumn, "ga:adwordsCampaignID", {"ga:adwordsCampaignID"}, {"Google Ads Campaign ID"}},
            {Cube.AddAndExpandDimensionColumn, "ga:adGroup", {"ga:adGroup"}, {"Google Ads: Ad Group"}},
            {Cube.AddAndExpandDimensionColumn, "ga:adKeywordMatchType", {"ga:adKeywordMatchType"}, {"Keyword Match Type"}},
            {Cube.AddAndExpandDimensionColumn, "ga:adMatchType", {"ga:adMatchType"}, {"Query Match Type"}},
            {Cube.AddAndExpandDimensionColumn, "ga:adQueryWordCount", {"ga:adQueryWordCount"}, {"Query Word Count"}},
            {Cube.AddAndExpandDimensionColumn, "ga:adMatchedQuery", {"ga:adMatchedQuery"}, {"Search Query"}},
            {Cube.AddMeasureColumn, "Clicks", "ga:adClicks"},
            {Cube.AddMeasureColumn, "Cost", "ga:adCost"},
            {Cube.AddMeasureColumn, "Cost per Conversion", "ga:costPerConversion"},
            {Cube.AddMeasureColumn, "Cost per Goal Conversion", "ga:costPerGoalConversion"},
            {Cube.AddMeasureColumn, "CPC", "ga:CPC"},
            {Cube.AddMeasureColumn, "CPM", "ga:CPM"},
            {Cube.AddMeasureColumn, "CTR", "ga:CTR"},
            {Cube.AddMeasureColumn, "Impressions", "ga:impressions"}
        })
in
    #"Added Items"

So, yes I can edit it manually if I want to go in and do so, but how can I get back to the UI to configure an individual query?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @gotmike,

There could be two ways. Please refer to the snapshot below.

1. It seems you can add more items in step 3 that you can find it out in the "Applied Steps".

2. Open the connector again in the "Recent Sources".

After-CREATING-a-Google-Analytics-query-how-do-I-get-back-to-the-Navigator-to-Edit

Best Regards,
Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @gotmike,

There could be two ways. Please refer to the snapshot below.

1. It seems you can add more items in step 3 that you can find it out in the "Applied Steps".

2. Open the connector again in the "Recent Sources".

After-CREATING-a-Google-Analytics-query-how-do-I-get-back-to-the-Navigator-to-Edit

Best Regards,
Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

that's it!

thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.