Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

nicolewells
Frequent Visitor

Advice for Business Intelligence(BI) Architecture

Hello All, 

Hope all doing great, 

I would like to get some advice on our BI architecture, which is pretty complex to maintain.

I work in an e-shopping company, our prod works on a LAMP system (Linux Apache MySQL PHP).

Every night:

data from our prod DB (MySQL) are extracted with Talend then inserted in another MySQL database named DWH for data warehouse
data from this DWH are then extracted by Jedox/Palo to load OLAP cubes, which are used by Excel with a plugin for restitution
data from this DWH are also accessed by Access/Excel one-shot reports, but this is not working very fine
Each time we need to modify an existing workflow or create a new report, there is a lot of steps and different Talend technologies to use, which leads us to a pretty complicated platform.

What can I do to simplify this process?

Thanks

Nicolewells

1 REPLY 1
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @nicolewells,

Thanks for your question. However, this is a Power BI forum, you'd better post this thread on a more related forum to get professional advice.

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.