Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

qsong
Helper II
Helper II

Advanced editor for live connection to Azure Analytics Service

Hi everyone,

I am wondering if there is an advanced editor for live connection to Azure Analytics Service. Once the data are loaded, I am not able to open edit queries option. 

I am asking for that because I need to copy M script and paste it in the blank query of the dataflow. If advanced query is not available in this case, should I choose import mode instead of live connection mode?

Thank you

Best, Qianru

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
d_gosbell
Super User
Super User

There is no M script when you have a live connection to Azure AS. Power BI fires DAX queries directly at the Azure AS data model, there is no M involved.

If you want to use dataflows you could do import from Azure AS. But I think you would be better off opening up the Azure AS solution and coping the M queries from there so that you are pulling data from the original source system. Tabular models are not well suited for dumping large volumes of detailed data. They are really designed for doing high speed aggregations.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
d_gosbell
Super User
Super User

There is no M script when you have a live connection to Azure AS. Power BI fires DAX queries directly at the Azure AS data model, there is no M involved.

If you want to use dataflows you could do import from Azure AS. But I think you would be better off opening up the Azure AS solution and coping the M queries from there so that you are pulling data from the original source system. Tabular models are not well suited for dumping large volumes of detailed data. They are really designed for doing high speed aggregations.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.