Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

kritchensBMcD
Advocate I
Advocate I

Advanced Relative Date Filter to Include Current Month and Months to come up

Ran into an issue using the Out the Box Relative Date Page/Report filter in Power BI.

Problem: 

The Relative Date Filter when using the options  "Is in the Last" or "Is in the Next" X Number of months does not include the entire month even when including today. It will only include today's date and the X Months, 

Solution:

I created an IF statement that would rank the months based on the current month = 0 and assigning negative numbers for prior months and positive numbers for yet to come Months.

MonthRank = IF(SIGN(MONTH([Date]) - MONTH(TODAY())) = -1,5,MONTH([Date]) - MONTH(TODAY()))

In my case i needed to just see anything equal to the current month +4 Months and anything else negative I didnt want to have show up. So i needed to give negative numbers a number higher than my filter to allow for those dates to not show.

Then I used the filter Advanced filtering to filter with the number range I needed. This is dynamic enough where you will not need to change the filter each month as it will evaluate based on the current month. 

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.