Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

elenton
Helper II
Helper II

Advanced Filters - using a date but time is defaulting to current time

I have several reports where i use a date in the filter pane and have it set to the advanced view so i can pull date ranges as follows if needed:

01 JAN 2019 to 31 DEC 2020

So i select the date in the filter like below:

Date - On or After

and 

Date - on or before

Apply Filter

Previously the time underneeth each date used to default to 12 AM, however now it is defaulting to the current time. When i try to change this filter it wont allow me to select AM/PM. 

Is this a new feature or a bug? Does the time now get used where as it previously wasnt or is the time still not used if the file its looking at is only a date field?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

hi @elenton 

I have tested on power bi service, it works well too.

4.JPG

Please try it again.

Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-lili6-msft
Community Support
Community Support

hi  @elenton 

I have tested on my side, it works well.

Just click AM/PM then it will change.

3.JPG

If you could update the power bi desktop to lastest version and try it again.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=58494

Regards,

Lin

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-lili6-msft just tested in desktop and it works fine, its the online deployed version i have the issue with. I will try deploying the desktop version again see if there was an issue in the desktop version when i deployed it.

hi @elenton 

I have tested on power bi service, it works well too.

4.JPG

Please try it again.

Regards,

Lin

@v-lili6-msft Im going to do some testing in different browsers and also check my date/language settings on the browser as these could be causing us issues perhaps. Thanks for testing for me though must be browser related my end i believe

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.