Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Advanced Filtering option disappeared in Filter Pane

Dear All, 

The past few days I have been experiencing some strange issues with the Filter Pane. 

Before, in the Filter Pane, I could choose the filter type either 'Advanced filtering, Basic filtering, or Top N'. The Advanced filtering is something very useful when it comes to filtering for a specific keyword in texts. 

However, when I published the file onto Power BI Web recently, the Advanced filtering option has disappeared, and now I cannot filter for a specific keyword anymore. 

I am wondering if this is a bug from Power BI side? How can I have the Advanced filtering and the Top N filter type like before?

Please see the 2 screenshots below:

1) The power bi file in desktop locally where I can choose Advanced filtering:

In Power BI Desktop (local file).PNG

2) The power bi report after I have published onto the Web, the Advanced filtering has disappeared, and only a generic field for Search appears: 

After Publish on Power BI Desktop.PNG

If you could please help me to solve this issue, it would be greatly appreciated. 

Many thanks,

Trang 

8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

This seems to be because the option 'Allow users to change filter types' check box might be OFF.Filter option.PNG

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am experiencing an issue of the entire filter pane disappearing and I cannot get it back.

Langejans
Frequent Visitor

Hai,

We're having the same problem. You could normally choose filtertype (advanced / basic etc) in Power BI service, but now you only see the type that has been selected in Desktop (either advanced or basic).  

We really want the option back for users to choose which type of filtering they want to use.

I think it's the same problem that Trang is describing.

Regards,

Alies 

filter service.JPG

Anonymous
Not applicable

We are experiencing this bug in the server version of Power BI.  From the comments above it sounds like it is in the desktop version too.

With us it's in service as well, after we publice a report, te filtertype dissapears as an option.

Desktop seems to be working fine.

Regards Alies

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

This is now working OK from our end.

I have been on vacation so can cannot confirm when it began to work OK.  As of May 9th '19 it has worked fine.

thx

Andy

v-lili6-msft
Community Support
Community Support

hi, @Anonymous 

I have tested on my side, It works well

Could you please share your simple sample pbix file for us have a test?

Best Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

We can confirm we are experiencing the same problem.

It appears this could be a bug with the latest release.  Is it possibly connected to the changes made to the 'new filter experience'?

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/power-bi-report-filter-preview

Regards

Andy DS

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.