Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

NTSIRO
Regular Visitor

Advanced Calculations Within Table

Good Afternoon,

Below is a screenshot of a table i created. There is two things i am trying to do.

1) Remove the subtotals - how is this done?

2) Get the % of the TIC row with no name (above 0). If we take column 2015/Qrt3 as an example it would be 151/the colum total 343 - is this possible?

Capture.PNG

Thanks,

3 REPLIES 3
danextian
Super User
Super User

Hello,
You can remove subtotals from the formattine pane. Click on a visual then a paintbrush icon will appear on the right portion of the designer
You can remove blank category items from the visual filters. Under advanced filters, select does not contain blank. The visual filters option will appear on the right side of the designer when you click on a visual.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

"Tell me and I’ll forget; show me and I may remember; involve me and I’ll understand."
Need Power BI consultation, get in touch with me on LinkedIn or hire me on UpWork.
Learn with me on YouTube @DAXJutsu or follow my page on Facebook @DAXJutsuPBI.

Thanks! I was able to take away the subtotals.

For the blank caterory items is there anyway to divide them by the total? and or perfom calculations using that row? 

In query editor, is that blank a null or a white space. This could be the formula :

Measure =if(table[column] <> blank(), divide( [your measure], calculate( [your measure], table[column] = blank() ) ) )

This will not return a value if the row is blank(). It is blank() if it shows as blank in the query editor. If it's a white space, replace it with double quotes "".

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

"Tell me and I’ll forget; show me and I may remember; involve me and I’ll understand."
Need Power BI consultation, get in touch with me on LinkedIn or hire me on UpWork.
Learn with me on YouTube @DAXJutsu or follow my page on Facebook @DAXJutsuPBI.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.