Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

tehrsam
Frequent Visitor

Adobe and Power BI Connector

I'm having problems using the connector for the desktop.

1. Only a few of my segments appear in the navigator tool. I have created a few segments recently and none of them are showing up to use as parameters. How do I get my segements to appear in the navigator tool?

2. Is there a row limit in the connector? I can only get around 200,000 rows of data without getting a "Table is blank" error.

3.  What are the best ways to filter data? I am attempting to use query folding to save load time and because of the reason above, but most filtering that I can currently do is happening after all the data is loaded into Power BI.

4. It appears that my TOP filter is always on, even if I do not apply anything with this parameter. Once I choose a dimension, only 10 values will turn up. I want all of the values for the dimension to show up. 

If anybody could answer any or all of these questions, it would be much appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@tehrsam,

The Adobe connector in Power BI Desktop relies on the Adobe Analytics Report API to return tables. 

The above issues can be caused by that there are limitations in Adobe Analytics Report API and data may also be sampled in the API, please consult Adobe Analytics support.

In addition, using the built-in connector, I am afraid that you are only able to filter data in Power BI Desktop after importing data.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@tehrsam,

The Adobe connector in Power BI Desktop relies on the Adobe Analytics Report API to return tables. 

The above issues can be caused by that there are limitations in Adobe Analytics Report API and data may also be sampled in the API, please consult Adobe Analytics support.

In addition, using the built-in connector, I am afraid that you are only able to filter data in Power BI Desktop after importing data.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi,

There is a bug in the connector in that whatever number of rows I pass into the top filter it only returns 10 for a given dimension. This is a Power BI issue not an adobe issue.

Thanks,

Emma

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.