Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Adobe Analytics and rolling dates

HI All,

I am using the Adobe Analtyics connector and trying to figure out how to set fixed and rolling dates for the report. I want to be able to create an adobe analtyics dashboard via powerBI desktop then upload it to our PowerBI workspace then be able to hit refresh and all the data update to the previous day. Is this achievable and how since the adobe analytics connector makes you add a start and end date.

thanks in advance

2 REPLIES 2
jeffshieldsdev
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Power BI Service only requires a gateway for refreshing from on-prem data sources.  Since Adobe Analytics is cloud-based, a gateway is not needed.  Go to the Dataset settings for the published report and you'll be able to authenticate with Adobe Analytics and schedule refreshes for your report.

When using the Adobe Analytics connector, you'll have to edit the Power Query M code for dynamic date ranges, like I just commented here: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Advanced-Editor-Date-Editor-From-today-look-13-full-months-...

TeigeGao
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @Anonymous ,

>>I want to be able to create an adobe analtyics dashboard via powerBI desktop then upload it to our PowerBI workspace then be able to hit refresh and all the data update to the previous day.

PowerBI Service requires gateway to refresh data, but as mentioned in this document: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-gateway-onprem, Adobe Analtyics connector doesn't support gateway.

Best Regards,

Teige

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.