Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Treyson
Frequent Visitor

Adjusting the location of the axis.

Hello,

I am trying to create a stacked bar chart to show rankings of certain metrics across customers. My problem is that some of the customers have longer names and they are getting cut off at the axis (example 1). I would like to shift the location of the axis without chnaging the size of graph like in example 2. is this possible?

axis.JPG

5 REPLIES 5
Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

@Treyson, I'm afraid now you need to change the size of the chart to show the complete text you would like to display. Sorry for the inconvenience. You can submit one idea about it on the Power BI Idea forum: https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas 

Sean
Community Champion
Community Champion

@Treyson you may still have to make the chart a bit bigger but yes you can move the Y-Axis on the right

and it seems you do get a bit more space - See picture...

Y-Axis on Right.png

Treyson
Frequent Visitor

@Sean I apologize, I am not trying to move the axis to the right side of the graph, I just want to move the seperator (IS that the right term) to the right, revealing the full name. I am going to jump over to Tableau to show you what I mean.

axis tab1.JPGaxis tab2.JPG

Sean
Community Champion
Community Champion

@Treyson That would be a nice feature to have - I hope someone from the PBI Team sees it.

It looks like you just drag to adjust the size with the mouse - yes definitely would be nice if they add this feature.

Unfortunately I doubt they will give this any priority at the moment because they still have other important stuff to add

I did post recently that they need to organize better the formatting options as they are now very hard to find...

http://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/April-2016-Update-Formatting-Options/m-p/32408#M11288

But at least this may bring it to their attention.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.