Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Adjusting PowerBI Desktop layout

Good day all,

Recently starting to make the switch from power query / power pivot to powerbi desktop.

Now, one thing that has been really holding me back is the way powerbi desktop looks when working with the power pivot view.

In the excel variant there is a clear color distinction between non and calculated columns, same for creating measures, you have a seperate 'area' for that. PowerBI desktop just has everything open all the time.

So my question is, is there any way to make powerbi desktop less cluttered? so i can keep my measures together, know visually (colored) which columns are calculated and which are not? 

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted

Thanks all for the suggestions.

They are nice and make things a bit more workable, but i have found that for me it is really a structural problem. Why would we need to apply workarounds, creating dummy folders or dummy tables just to keep things tidy?

Oh well, hopefully someone or maybe MS will create a layout modpack or something that does offer these functions.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Community Conference

Microsoft Power Platform Communities

Check out the Winners!

secondImage

Create an end-to-end data and analytics solution

Learn how Power BI works with the latest Azure data and analytics innovations at the digital event with Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors