Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Adjusting Date Displayed in Visual

I have created visuals and a table based on SP lists. The table is displaying a date column. The formatting is not desired. 

Is there a way to change the formatting of the date field so that it displays ONLY the date? The column in SP is already formatted as 'Date Only'.

Shag-X_0-1612217734531.png

Shag-X_1-1612218008124.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Anonymous ,

Please select the field "Date of CQ" and navigate to "Column tools" ribbon, then set the date format as "03/14/2001 (mm/dd/yyyy)" just as below screenshot.

Date format.JPG

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
themistoklis
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hello @Anonymous ,

If 'First DteofCQ' is a date field you can use the following DAX formula in a column:

Column = FORMAT(Table[First DteofCQ],"DD/MM/YYYY")

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm just learning Power BI. Can you please clarify where and how such an adjust is made in visual/app?

Thank you!

sorry, i didnt quite get your question.

what are you trying to achieve?

Anonymous
Not applicable

The content of the date column in the table visual is displaying as date/time. It is coming out of SharePoint as 'Date Only'. How do I get it to display as 'Date Only' in the table visual?

You were recommending a DAX formula. I am not familiar enough with Power BI to know where to apply such a formula. Can you please clarify where the formula you recommend should be placed within the App?

@Anonymous 

You should go to the fields section on the right hand side.

Find the table which has the date column. Right click on the 3 dots next to table name and select add 'column'. Then place the dax formula.

Then add the new column to your preferred visual. Image below

table.JPG

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you!

This was the result....

Shag-X_0-1612222066544.png

@Anonymous 

Have you added the formula in a measure or a column?

When you do right click on the 3 dots you need to select the option for 'New Column'

Anonymous
Not applicable

New column. The results were the same -Date/Time is displayed with and without the New Column. The SP list shows the DteofCQ column as 'Date' only. Something is getting lost, or being added, in translation.

Also, each visual is a reconfigured copy of the top right visual. Is there a way to write a formula or condition to returns only the most recent active/Noncompliant documents?

Currently the process is return ALL documents. All document upload are maintained in the system. However, on the most recent version of updated qualifications need to be shown in the visual.

For instance, in the table the first two items (Fitness Test) belong to the same individual. However, only the second item, being the most recent item, should show in the table. Likewise only that doucment should be tallied in the other visuals.

Shag-X_0-1612290990284.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Actually found the solution in the 'Transform' tab.

Shag-X_0-1612293649597.png

Now the column content displays in the 'friendly' format. How do I change the format to 'mm/dd/yyyy'?

Shag-X_1-1612293854388.png

Hi @Anonymous ,

Please select the field "Date of CQ" and navigate to "Column tools" ribbon, then set the date format as "03/14/2001 (mm/dd/yyyy)" just as below screenshot.

Date format.JPG

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.