Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

mbrierley
Helper III
Helper III

Adjust order of tooltips options

I am using a gauge visualisation and would like to change the order of the tooltips. I have entered a field into the 'value' field and this automatically comes out at the top of the tooltips. I would like to move this down the list.

Can anyone provide a solution for this?  

9 REPLIES 9
dethompson97
Resolver III
Resolver III

I could not figure out how to do that but maybe you can look into the new tooltip pages that are in preview.  I think then you can design the page however you would like.  I believe I saw that in either the February or March release update video.

Dawn

Thanks Dawn, do you have a link to this?

Here is link to another explaination that may be helpful.

https://powerpivotpro.com/2018/03/pbi-spotlight-new-improved-tooltips/

chethan
Resolver III
Resolver III

@mbrierley

Please elaborate with snap & data so it will be helpful to workaround. 

Regards,

Chetan K

Capture.PNG

Hi Chetan, the graphics on the top left (remaining allocations) is highlighted so you can see the fields that have been entered into the tooltip area on the right hand side. I want to have the 'remaining' figure in the graphic (in this instance, that value is £67,300), but once I enter that on the right hand side, it defaults to the top of the tooltip when you hover over the graphic.

@mbrierley its not tooltip its called as Callout 

to add additional callout use Card Viz assigned the values & add it bellow to the existing callout

Final allocation, Paid & Pending which you added you can view if the mouse cursor hover mouse on chart 

Regards,
Chetan K

Sorry, I think we're talking about different things here.

I want to edit the box that appears when you hover over the data, which I think is called the tooltip. At the moment, the callout value defaults to the top of the tooltip, but I don't want this. I need to have another figure (the final allocation in this example) at the top, but I can't seem to change this. 

@mbrierley

Refer to the Link

Regards,

Chetan K

Thanks @chethan, much appreciated. 

I've been able to create the tooltip on a seperate tab within the dashboard from following the video. However, there are no options to assign it to a data source or to an individual graphic (the latter option is the one that I'm seeking). So at the moment its doing nothing....

I have to say, i've just started using Power BI and its infinately inferior in terms of usability when compared to Tableau. All I want to do is change the order of the fields in the tooltip and it seems the only way to achieve this is through a massively convoluted process

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.