Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

donrickman

Adhoc Queries with Redshift

Is it possible to use an adhoc query while connected to a redshift database? I can't seem to figure this out. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@donrickman,

When using the Amazon redshift connector in Power BI Desktop, it is not possible to write queries, we are only able to input server name and database name to get data from Amazon redshift.

As a workaround for this issue, you can create a ODBC data source for Amazon redshift following the guide in this video, then connect to the ODBC data source in power I Desktop, and you can write queries in SQL statement textbox.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@donrickman,

When using the Amazon redshift connector in Power BI Desktop, it is not possible to write queries, we are only able to input server name and database name to get data from Amazon redshift.

As a workaround for this issue, you can create a ODBC data source for Amazon redshift following the guide in this video, then connect to the ODBC data source in power I Desktop, and you can write queries in SQL statement textbox.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.