Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Additive measure in visual

Hello, 

The visual below shows YTD (ends October 27), and then the smaller area shows unshipped orders, and our forecasts thru end of year.  

The problem I am trying to solve is how to get the YTD actuals (the bigger area), combined with the rest of the year data, so that it shows a prediction of what the rest of our year will look like (current YTD + unshipped orders + forecasted sales).  

I've tried several measures and all of them just keep giving me the result as below.   What I want is to have my YTD measure, then also have another measure that sort of "overlays" on top of that showing not only the current YTD...but the additive values of unshipped orders and forecasts.    Essentially, I need to figure out how to add these two areas together that you see below.   

Currently I am using: 

Rest of Year = IF( DATE(2025,12,31) < TODAY(),[YTD Revenue],[YTD Backlog 80])

rest of year.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Lin   -  I think I may have just figured it out.    

The orange is YTD.    I changed my "unshipped" formula and included in it the YTD value.   So that formula became Unshipped + YTD revenue).   That allowed the blue part of the visual below to start at the same level (last day of YTD), and then start from there to show the rest of the year (unshipped + forecast).    Was an obvious answer that I overlooked!   

rest of year 2.png

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-lili6-msft
Community Support
Community Support

hi, @Anonymous 

You should try this formula as  below:

Rest of Year = IF(SELECTEDVALUE('Date'[Date])< TODAY(),[YTD Revenue],[YTD Backlog 80])

If not your case, please share a simple sample pbix file and your expected output.

Best Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Lin  -  The formula you mentioned still resulted in the exact same visual as I had before.  

What I am looking for is something similar to below.   The orange is our current YTD.   The blue is the monthly budget plan from Jan to Dec.    You can see how the blue extends past the orange to show future months.  

What I am trying to acheive is to have the sum of our current unshipped orders + forecasted sales be added on to the orange area below and extend into the future dates of this year.   So, YTD + Unshipped + Forecast  and this would be perhaps in a lighter shade of orange color that I would add to the visual (along with just the YTD) so you could see where we potentially end up for the year.   

If you look at my original visual, and your formula did the same thing, you can see the unshipped and forecast data is there...and it's actually correct based on the formula.  In other words, it's putting the right dollar values and time periods.   But I somehow want it start (visually) from the top point (the last date value) of our current YTD.    The current formulas do not somehow properly include YTD when they are displaying.   They should included YTD in addition to unshipped and forecasts in order to raise them up higher in the chart to be additive to the current YTD values.    Make sense?  

2019-10-28_6-14-44.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Lin   -  I think I may have just figured it out.    

The orange is YTD.    I changed my "unshipped" formula and included in it the YTD value.   So that formula became Unshipped + YTD revenue).   That allowed the blue part of the visual below to start at the same level (last day of YTD), and then start from there to show the rest of the year (unshipped + forecast).    Was an obvious answer that I overlooked!   

rest of year 2.png

hi, @Anonymous 

It's pleasant that your problem has been solved,  could you please mark the reply as Answered? that way, other community members will easily find the solution when they get same issue.

Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.