Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

gerasimovav
Helper III
Helper III

Additional relationship by date

Hello coleagues!

I have this model:

model2.jpg

There are three tables:

public vw_users containes information about users.

work_tabel containes information about working hours per monthes (june 2018, july 2018, august 2018 ect) of this users

public vw_reports contains information about daily action of this users including action data, time spend etc.

work_tabel has relationship with public vw_Users by TableNumber (its another user id) as you can see.

public vw_reports has relationship with public vw_Users by user id

work_tabel and public vw_reports are also linked by date. But this relationship is disabled, because of this two tables are already linked by user through public vw_users.

I have to got a report work hours and time spend by user

I've created this report

model3.jpg

but slicer data (from public vw_reports.data) doesn't influent on workhours because of inactivity tables by data.

I consider a solution which provide me filter workhours by the data slicer.

I have a lot of same cases, where tables have already relationships by different columns, and I have to filter it by date by common slicer.

Thank you for help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I've solved that problem. The solution is to leave inactive relationship and create new measure with calculate - userelationship function. For more details please visit https://carldesouza.com/power-bi-dax-userelationship-multiple-dates/

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi gerasimovav ,

You should buid a one-to-many relationship between public vw_Users by and work_tabel and try again.

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

Hi, @v-yuta-msft!

Thank you for reply.

I've already built the relationship between public vw_Users and work_tabel by TableNumber (its another user id). This one marked yellow:

model2.jpg

Do you mean I have to build another one? 

I've solved that problem. The solution is to leave inactive relationship and create new measure with calculate - userelationship function. For more details please visit https://carldesouza.com/power-bi-dax-userelationship-multiple-dates/

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.