I have a querry that got created by appending two tables. Looking at this appended querry in the querry editor, I see total of 25 rows as expected (for a specific item).
However, when I save this querry and start building my charts off of it, data seems to get added out of nowhere. When I look into the Data tab, and select the appended table, I see total of 38 rows (for the same specific item).
I've also looked at the individual tables that were appended, and see that the data in there looks accurate, adding up to the expected 25 rows.
I am currently at a loss on how to troubleshoot this further. Anyone else experienced something similar, or have thoughts on how I can go about resolving this?
Have you checked the 'filtered rows' is the last step in 'applied steps' ? Then click 'Close&Apply'. If it is not your case, could you share the .pbix file for us to check? You can upload it to OneDrive and post the link here. Do mask sensitive data before uploading.
I have checked the filtered row step and applied the changes, results are still the same.
Here is the pbix file I am using.
Do the tables come from a live source (database)? Because if there are constant updates it could be consistently changing.
Tables do come from a database. However, these tables are not being updated as it looks at historical and point in time information. I have confirmed that the data shown in the querry results in the pbix file matches the results I get when I directly querry the SQL tables for the database.
For me the odd portion is the fact that querry shows the right information, but the data shown for the charts are where the additional rows come from. These rows do not exists anywhere in the querry results or within the database at all.
I cannot reproduce the same issue as you said. I would suggest you may install the latest version of Power BI Desktop.Then re-connect the database and test again. If it is not your case, you may submit a support ticket.