Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ziogis

Adding two percentage values to visual

Hello,

I'm still new to Power BI and trying to understand how everything works, today I ran into while trying to add two different values% into one visual. 
daily percentage.JPG
Both look like in picture above and I need to make trend going day-by-day of both in same visual. When I insert one value everything looks good but when I add second value it becomes sum of all percentages:sum.JPG

Therefore I am struggling to change that both values would be same format and would make a nice trend. 
Sorry for such a basic question but I really lack knowledge yet!

7 REPLIES 7
Thim
Resolver V
Resolver V

Could you supply a sample data, or show how the visualization and fields are setup? 🙂Setup.PNG

Salvador
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Hello @Thim,

1.png

2.png

I hope this solves the issue 😄

Regards,

Salva.

Thank you for help. Sorry if I wasn't clear enough. I do know how to add trend line, issue is that when I add second value to the visual, like the one in my first screenshot, values do not go by the date but gives me one number - sum of all numbers. So I have one line like in your picture but second value line is just a sum of all daily percentages. Its not the trend line I'm trying to achieve here.

Salvador
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Hello,

Could you give some more detail? Are the values of thoose fields related? 

There is two different sheets in excel file who look exactly same as first screen shot, just different numbers. I need to take both sheet numbers and make graph with two lines going categorical axis day-by-day with needed values (99.7% ; 97.5% etc.) to be able to compare them as you can see light line in my second screenshot. But when I add second sheet values to the visual it does not become needed numbers 99.7%, 97.6% etc. but instead SUM of all those percentages as one number like you can see black line in second screenshot. I hope that makes sense? Thank you for your patience

Salvador
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Hello @ziogis,

IT's adding all the percentages, most likely, because there is no relationship between tables, so PBI doesnt know how to mix them.

If you have unique dates, on power bi desktop, click under home tab, manage relationships, and establish a 1 to 1 relationship between both tables, using the dates field, that should make it 😄

Regards,

Salva.

Salvador
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Hello,

Using the line chart, under visualizations, Analytics (by default it shows the fields view), you can add a trend line, so no need of adding new values or calculating the trend 😄

Regards,

Salva.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.