Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Adding two dynamic parameters to the table doesn't work

I've been trying to use dynamic parameters to have dynamic dimensions in a matrix visual. It works with one parameter, but I want to add two to have to dynamic hierarchy levels. I've recreated the steps from this tutorial https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1mezIySFf8 - added a parameter, added a custom column with values based on a parameter's value, created a column with all possible values and binded it to the parameter - and it works, but only with one. When I try to recreate the same steps for a second parameter (aka second custom column in my table, another manually eneterd table with parameter values binded to the parameter etc), it doesn't work. Moreover, the first parameter created stops working as well! What am I doing wrong?

PS: I've tried to make it work with the combination of selectedvalue, dynamic measures and bookmarks, but it makes the report too slow, so I'm trying to make it work with dynamic parameters hoping to optimize the speed. 

1 REPLY 1
v-janeyg-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Anonymous 

Can you share the parameter and custom columns that you created? We need to understand your specific problem in order to help you.

Parameter: Dynamic M query parameters in Power BI Desktop (preview) - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Best Regards

Janey Guo

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.