Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

mrothschild
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Adding tooltips with multiple filters?

Sample file is here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/rbjoqspdjdmtquq/Power%20BI%20Forum%20Sample.pbix?dl=0

I have two different Assets in a given Project.  One cost $9,400,000, the other cost $4,800,000, for a total Project Acquisition Cost of $14,200,000.

I have a Pie Chart visual that shows model types by assets, and since there's one of each, the Tooltips shows 50%/50%.  

When I add the Acquistion Cost Value to the Tooltips section the floater shows the appropriate 9.4 and 4.8 respectively, but I'd like to get the tooltip to also show that in % form, i.e., 9.4/14.2 = 66.2% and 33.8%, respectively.  But I'm messing something up with my Acquisition Cost measure, because when I try to calculate it as a percentage at a model type grouping I keep getting 100%.

If I reverse the Values and Tooltips in the Visualizations toolbar, I can have two different visuals to get me the same info, but I'd like to have it in one, with Tooltips providing additional insight.

2 REPLIES 2
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @mrothschild,

Not very clear about above description, does this meet your requirement?

Acquisition Cost Value =
SUMX (
    GROUPBY (
        '_Database Output',
        '_Database Output'[Project],
        '_Database Output'[Acquisition Cost]
    ),
    '_Database Output'[Acquisition Cost]
)
    / CALCULATE (
        SUM ( '_Database Output'[Acquisition Cost] ),
        ALL ( '_Database Output'[Project] )
    )

I have two different Assets in a given Project.  One cost $9,400,000, the other cost $4,800,000, for a total Project Acquisition Cost of $14,200,000.

I have a Pie Chart visual that shows model types by assets, and since there's one of each, the Tooltips shows 50%/50%.  

When I add the Acquistion Cost Value to the Tooltips section the floater shows the appropriate 9.4 and 4.8 respectively, but I'd like to get the tooltip to also show that in % form, i.e., 9.4/14.2 = 66.2% and 33.8%, respectively.  But I'm messing something up with my Acquisition Cost measure, because when I try to calculate it as a percentage at a model type grouping I keep getting 100%. 

I could not see these mentioned calculated values (like $9400000, 9.4 and 4.8 in pie chart) in your sample file. Would you please provide something more detailed?

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks and sorry for not being sufficiently clear. 

When you click on the chiclet "Alpha" under "Deal Name" slicer, the pie chart "Model Types by Assets" changes.  There it shows 1 X145, and 2 X135s.  The Acquisition Cost Value for "Alpha" shows as 9,600,000 in the table on the upper left side.

In the pie chart, the tooltips floater shows "Model Type",  "Number of Assets" and "Acqusition Cost Value".  Parenthetically next to "Number of Assets" it shows % of assets.

So in this case the X145 has an Acquired Cost of $3,600,000 and the two X135s have an acquired cost of $3,000,000 each.  

What I'd like is for another tooltip/measure that's similar to the parenthetical next to the "Number of Assets" where the numerator is the cost of the individual model type - so 3,600,000 and 6,000,000, respectively over the denominator of the "Alpha" acquisition cost of $9,600,000

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.