Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

wfarrell
Frequent Visitor

Adding to the column field in a matrix

Hello,

I am trying to add a coulmn field where it only goes above certain fields in a matrix.  Below is a visual from Excel that I would like to try to replicate in a Power BI matrix.  My values (fields) are Leads, Funds, Credit Pulls, Locks, 30 Day Leads, 30 Day Credit Pulls.  I would like to have two columns or headers to separate which fields are last 90 days and which are last 30 days.  I imagine that this is somehow possible, but if not, at the very least I would want to bolden a gridline to show separation. 

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Capture.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@wfarrell solution is attached. I recreated 3 queries you provided and merged those together to create a new one call "QueryAll" and on page2 you can see matrix from all the queries in one view.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @wfarrell,

I made one sample for your reference, if it doesn't meet your requirement, kindly share your sample data to me.

Capture.PNG

Regards,

Frank

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

Hi Frank,

It is what I am looking. However, my data is coming from a few different places, which I think makes it more difficult.  The fields '30 day leads' and '90 day leads' are coming from two different queries, and the other fields (30 day credit pulls, credit pulls, funds, leads, and locks) are coming from their own query.  I'm not quite sure how to share a dataset, since I do not have the ability to attach a file, so I included a screenshot of the 3 sample queries/datasets that are similar to what I am working with.  I uploaded the 3 queries and created a relationship in Power BI, with query 4 which is an employee roster.  Any help is greatly appreciated.  If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

Capture.PNG

-William

@wfarrell I think the solution here is to append your queries into one table in Power Query and then do the matri from there. Let me know if you need assistnce with that.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂

Hello,

Thank you for your response. If you don't mind providing assistance with that, it would be greatly appreciated. I do not have much experience working with Power Query.

-William

@wfarrell solution is attached. I recreated 3 queries you provided and merged those together to create a new one call "QueryAll" and on page2 you can see matrix from all the queries in one view.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.