cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jklunk
Frequent Visitor

Adding rows to group by weeks

I'm creating a report pulling data from Salesforce, and I'm trying to add rows that will group data by each week. These obviously need to update each week the report is run. I created a field from the data that pulls the respective Monday of each week, but need to determine how to autoinsert the row at each change in week and add the words "Week of" in front of the date. I feel like there should be an easy way to do this and I'm just missing it? I've attached a screen shot of how the list current looks in Excel for reference. My raw data looks identical to the screen shot without the grey "Week of" separator.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

JarrodBid List.gif 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Microsoft V-lianl-msft
Microsoft

Re: Adding rows to group by weeks

Hi @jklunk ,

You can use the Matrix chart and place the date column and the weekly start date column in the rows of the chart.

Again,please refer to the pbix.

Best Regards,

Liang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Microsoft V-lianl-msft
Microsoft

Hi @jklunk,

Based on your description, you want the data in each row to mark the start date of each week and add the "week of" field.
You can use DAX to create a calculated column:

Column = "Week of "&(Sheet1[date]-WEEKDAY(Sheet1[date],2)+1)

You can refer to the pbix.

Best Regards,
Liang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

jklunk
Frequent Visitor

I'm actually trying to add a row showing "Week of [Month] [Day]" above each group of dates that falls within that week starting on Monday of each week. I'm working on creating it with a macro in Excel but I'd prefer to run it all through Power BI if possible.

Jarrod

Microsoft V-lianl-msft
Microsoft

Hi @jklunk ,

Unfortunately, according to the chart I know, there is no chart that fully meets your needs in power bi.

Or is this matrix chart the result you want?

test_matrix.PNG

Best Regards,

Liang

jklunk
Frequent Visitor

This matrix could possibly work, if I could get the details showing to the right (no need for count or sum). How did you create that matrix?

Highlighted
Microsoft V-lianl-msft
Microsoft

Hi @jklunk ,

You can use the Matrix chart and place the date column and the weekly start date column in the rows of the chart.

Again,please refer to the pbix.

Best Regards,

Liang

View solution in original post

jklunk
Frequent Visitor

Liang,

This is excellent. One issue I'm having is that it it is consolidating anything with the same due date into one line so I'm losing dating. I'm new to Power BI, so I'm guessing there is an easy way to change this to show all even if Bid Due Date is the same?

Thanks,

Jarrod

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Ranks Launched March 24th!

New Ranks Launched March 24th!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power BI Community!

‘Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

‘Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

Arun 'Triple A' Event Video, Q&A, and Slides

Arun 'Triple A' Event Video, Q&A, and Slides

Missed the Arun 'Triple A' event or want to revisit it? We've got you covered! Check out the video, Q&A, and slides now.

Join THE global Microsoft Power Platform event series.

Join THE global Power Platform event series.

Attend for two days of expert-led learning and innovation on topics like AI and Analytics, powered by Dynamic Communities.

Community Summit North America

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow. The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors